Adding tables to your designs can be a useful way to organize and present data in a structured format. If you're working on a document, presentation, website, or any other design project, tables provide an organized way to display information.
Here’s how you can add tables to your designs on PosterMyWall:
- Open a design in the PosterMyWall editor, and select 'Layout'.
- Click the 'Table' button and you’ll see a dialog like this:
- You will notice a series of icons on the far-left column when you bring your cursor there, each one with a specific function, described below:
- Trashcan: Deletes the row.
- Marker: Highlights the row. You can highlight multiple rows. Highlighted rows can have different colors.
- Down arrow: Moves the selected row one row down.
- Up arrow: Moves the selected row one row up.
- Plus: Creates a copy of the row.
Here’s an example of a table, inside the editing interface:
And now here’s the same table in your design:
You can do a lot more with your table to make it look better.
Change Text Styles
Set the font and size of your text through text styles. Fonts you set here will be applied to both highlighted and non-highlighted rows. You can also outline and align the text to left, right, or center.
Change Layout Styles
You can keep the background transparent or set the color and opacity.
Use the 'Background' option in the right contextual menu to set your background type. Find this under the 'Layout Styles' options.
Borders come in 2 styles, square and rounded. You can also choose to not add a border, though borders are absent by default.
- Horizontal Spacing changes the length of your table.
- Vertical Spacing changes the width of your table.
Set the spacing via the Layout Styles options in the right contextual menu.
You can also incorporate interactive items to your table such as links by adding a URL. Links can be clickable in the following options:
- Download as PDF
- Publish as webpage
- Publish as embedded link
Change table position
You can also change the position of the table and its alignment or lock it in one place!
You can start using tables right away by starting here.
Adding tables to email campaigns
If you are working on emails specifically, here's how you can add tables to your email campaign to neatly display and organize numerical and tiered information.
You will need to use the ‘Table’ button on the left email editor menu to add a table while working with email templates.
You can choose from a range of fully customizable email templates to add tables to.