We encourage you to make a good range of templates for both a single category or multiple categories. Exploring your horizons is not only good for improving your technique, but also exposes you to a wider audience with many interests.
Here's a couple of ways you can create more templates, while maintaining quality.
You can create multiple iterations of a single template by copying, using different color palettes, and publish. The results can be stunning, and gives your customer more color palettes to choose from.
Here's how Renee, our top designer makes use of different color palettes.
You can also make small tweaks to the layout of a design to make a completely new design. There are many ways to do this, such as by:
- Swapping out images
- Changing text and image placement
- Changing clipart and effects
Here's how you can make music class flyer templates for a whole assortment of instruments in a short time.
Explore more Themes
If you're sticking to a few themes, chances are, you're reaching a small subset of people. To get more heads interested, you should create content that they're interested in, which can include both seasonal content (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Ramadan etc) and non-seasonal content (party, retail, local event).
- The first step to explore new ideas is by checking out the PosterMyWall gallery, and see what's getting made.
- Next you want to shortlist a couple of new themes you'd like to focus. Start slow, and focus on getting great templates made.
- Now it's time to look for inspiration. Pinterest and Behance are your places to look for inspiration. Remember to use the images in these sites only as references, from where you can create your own unique designs.