To add a video to your design, open your design in the PosterMyWall editor, and click 'media' on the left bar along the editor page. Pick one of the two options:
- Add from my videos - Upload a video from your device, whether it's your mobile, tablet or laptop. Uploaded videos are saved in your video collection which can be accessed at any time from the 'Add from my videos' option. If you're using a laptop, you can also drag and drop a video to the editor page to begin uploading.
- Add stock video - Use online stock resources to add a video. Enter your search term in the search box for the kind of video you're looking for, for example 'traffic' and you'll be shown all options related to traffic. You can also change results by swapping the stock resources. We currently offer stock videos by Getty Images, Storyblocks and Pixabay.
You can add up to 4 videos in your design. Only 1 video by GettyImages can be added per design (on the free plan).
Here are the basics you need to know about adding a video to your design. Still confused? Why not try a video tutorial?
Position your video
You can move and position the video around easily. Select and drag the video to move it around the design. For more positioning options, click the Position tab to find more options to:
- To move the video in front or behind other design elements.
- Create a copy of the video (you can have 4 videos per design).
- Lock the video in place.
- Delete the video.
- Flip, stretch or align the video with respect to your design canvas.
Add video via mobile browser
You can add videos to your design via your mobile phone by following these steps:
- On the editor page, tap on the “Add” option provided in the selection bar on the top of the page.
- From the drop down menu that appears, select “Media”.
- You will see 4 options for adding media, of which the first 2 options help you add a video.
- Select “Add from My Videos”, and you will see a dialogue box appear with videos saved on your account.
- To upload a video already saved in your PosterMyWall account, select one of the videos visible in the dialogue box and tap on the “+” sign on the bottom right corner to add to your design. Note: the sign will turn blue and clickable if a video is selected.
- To upload a video from your phone onto your design, select “upload videos”. Once selected, you can choose to select a video from your video gallery, take a new one through your phone camera, or upload a downloaded video from your drive.
- Once the video is uploaded, it will be visible on the dialogue box. You can then select it and tap on the blue “+” sign on the bottom right corner to add to your design. Note: the sign will only turn blue and clickable if a video is selected.
- To upload a stock video, select “add stock video” from the Media option. With graphic options available from Getty Images, Storyblocks, or Pixabay, you can search for the video you want and tap on the blue “+” sign on the bottom right corner to add to your design. Note: the sign will only turn blue and clickable if a video is selected.
Adding a video to your email campaign
You can add short videos to your email campaign, which are auto-converted to a 10-second GIF without sound. This conversion is done to reduce the size of the email, which ensures emails will load efficiently in recipients' inboxes. Emails with longer loading times may cause recipients to turn back before the email gets a chance to display properly.
Here's a helpful article showing specifically how you can add a video to your email campaign.
You can browse a range of fully customizable email templates to add videos to.