Note: You need an Instagram Business account to publish content via PosterMyWall.
You can directly upload social media posts from your My Stuff to your Instagram account from any device, even your laptop. This saves you time needed to open the Instagram app on your phone, upload the photo and add a caption. Instead, you can design content and publish to Instagram all from your preferred device.
You can use the publishing tools in your My Stuff to simultaneously publish content on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Create a social media post
To create your Instagram social media post:
- Open your My Stuff on any device.
- Click the downward arrow on your design to find the ‘Publish to Social Media’ option.
- Connect your Instagram business account by clicking 'Manage Accounts'.
- Click 'Add Account', then click the purple Instagram button. Click the Add Instagram Account link.
- You'll then be asked to login to your Facebook account and connect your Facebook page with your Instagram Business account.
- Click 'Allow' for posting permissions asked on behalf of Instagram. This allows you to publish Instagram content via your My Stuff page.*
- Now enter your caption and hit publish.
If you haven't purchased the design, you can still publish the design, but the post will contain a PosterMyWall watermark.
To publish via PosterMyWall, you need to use an Instagram Business account. You can convert your personal Instagram to a business account by following the steps laid out in this article.
Video content needs to be anything between 3 seconds to 60 seconds to be published on Instagram. See file requirements below.
File size and dimensions
The following are various file requirements for content that can be published on Instagram:
Images no larger than 8MB
Videos no larger than 100MB
Maximum file width: 1440px
Minimum file width: 300px
- Aspect ratio: Between 0.8 and 1.91 (we recommend using Instagram post or square video presets)
Note: Videos may take time to publish, owing to their large file size. It may take up to 5 minutes for the system to process and publish the video to Instagram on your behalf.
You can choose to close the publishing dialog once you've hit the Publish button. The post will process in the background. You can view your post status via the Social media posts tab in your My Stuff.
If you're not subscribed to PosterMyWall Premium or Premium Plus, you can still publish your designs for free, however the published design will have a watermark. However, you can avoid this by purchasing the design in advance, or by using the 'pay and publish' option in the publishing interface.
If you're on the Premium subscription plan, image posts are free and contain no watermark. If you're on the Premium Plus plan, image and video posts are free and contain no watermark.
Images and videos with stock graphics from GettyImages need to be purchased once with Credits.
*Social media publishing will not work unless all requested permissions are granted.