Note: You need an Instagram Business account to publish content via PosterMyWall.
You can directly upload social media posts from your My Stuff to your Instagram account from any device, be it mobile, tablet, or laptop. This saves you the time needed to open the Instagram app on your phone, upload the photo, and add a caption.
Creating an Instagram post
Follow these simple steps to create your Instagram post in minutes:
- Open your My Stuff on any device. Click on the design that you want to publish to preview it before publishing.
- Click on ‘Publish’. Then click on ‘social media’ from the list of publishing options that appear.
As an alternative to these two steps, you can start publishing by clicking on the ‘My social posts’ tab on the My Stuff page and then clicking on the ‘Get started’ button. Then select the design that you want to publish.
- Then you’ll be asked to select the social media sites where you would like to publish your design. Click on ‘Instagram’.
- Select Instagram, then click on the ‘Connect’ button.
- You’ll be asked to log in to your Facebook account. Make sure your Instagram business account is connected to this account.
- Then you would have to select the Instagram business account(s), Facebook group(s), and Facebook page(s) you would like to connect with your PosterMyWall account. The option to connect to Facebook groups is only available for the groups that you administrate.
- Then you will be asked for posting permissions on behalf of Instagram and Facebook. Social media publishing might not work properly unless all requested permissions are granted.
- Select the accounts where you would like to publish your design. PosterMyWall’s publishing suite also allows you to publish your designs to all connected social media accounts simultaneously.
- Now add a caption to your post. You can also edit your design again before publishing it. Then click ‘publish’.
Published and scheduled posts can also be viewed in the Content Planner. Use the Content Planner to review older content and plan for the future.
To publish via PosterMyWall, you need to use an Instagram Business account. You can convert your personal Instagram to a business account by following the steps laid out in this article.
Video content needs to be anything between 3 seconds to 60 seconds to be published on Instagram. See file requirements below.
File size and dimensions
The following are various file requirements for content that can be published on Instagram:
- Images no larger than 8MB.
- Videos no larger than 100MB.
- Minimum width of the file should be 300px.
- Maximum width of the file should be 1440px.
Aspect ratio: Between 0.8 and 1.91 (we recommend using Instagram post or square video presets)
Note: Videos may take time to publish, owing to their large file size. It may take up to 5 minutes for the system to process and publish the video to Instagram on your behalf.
You can choose to close the publishing dialog once you've hit the Publish button. The post will process in the background. You can view your post status via the social media posts tab in your My Stuff or on your Instagram page.
If you're not subscribed to PosterMyWall Premium or Premium Plus, you can still publish your designs for free; however, the published design will have a watermark. However, you can avoid this by purchasing the design in advance or using the 'pay and publish' option in the publishing interface.
If you're on the Premium subscription plan, image posts are free and contain no watermark. If you're on the Premium Plus plan, image and video posts are free and contain no watermark.
Images and videos with stock graphics from GettyImages need to be purchased once with Credits.